Friday, May 03, 2013

Introducing Maxwell William Singer

Surprise!  Max didn't want to wait 5 more weeks and decided that 5.3.13 was going to be his birthday!  He kicked off the pre-party on 5/30/13 at 1:30am.   My water broke in the middle of the night.  Same thing that happened with the girls so I knew exactly what happened and what we needed to do.  We went straight into Labor and Delivery where they talked about whether to wait for Max on his own or have a c-section immediately.  Luckily my Dr  was on shift at 8am so by the time she came we decided that we would try to wait for 35 weeks (sat) but if he didn't come by then we'd have a c-section that morning 5/4/13.  So it was time to wait......

Hanging out in the hospital.  Wed. June 1.  Have been there since 2am 4/30.

Last belly shot before Max was born.  6/1/13  Obviously I'm bored if I'm taking unflattering pics of myself.

My view.  Best week of weather and I was stuck in my room the whole time.

My visitors!!  They came to see me on Wed 6/1


Ellery's picture of mommy holding baby and a bottle.

Emily loves Mama!

After 24 hours of monitoring me and the baby they unhooked me from all monitors on 6/2.  I started having contractions but they could tell they were mild and spaced far apart.  By Thursday evening I was starting to become more uncomfortable but the contractions were still 15 min apart.  Since they weren't checking on me I downloaded an app to track contractions.  Still far apart but they were getting stronger and lasting a lot longer.  They gave me Ambien each night to help me sleep but Thursday night 6/2 I couldn't sleep through the contractions.  That was the longest night ever.  Finally on Friday 5/3 at 8am the next morning when my high risk Dr who just happened to be the Dr on call checked on me at  I was dilated and  she could tell I was in pain.   Every two hours she came to check i had progressed so I went ahead and got the epidural.  Unfortunately for me my IV had blown (for the 5th time) and I had to wait for them to place a good IV before I could get the epidural.  Once I got it....ahhhh bliss.  My dr came back at 4pm and it was GO time.   After about 20 minutes of pushing Maxwell William arrived!! 
First Picture of Max!  6/3/13  5lbs 13oz

Mommy and Max

6.3.13 going to visit Max in the Nicu




6/4/13 Daddy went to visit Max in the early morning. 


6.5.13  Daddy giving Max a bottle

Max had high levels of Jaundice so he was placed under the bili lights.  He spent one day under the lights and then one day off.  On 5.5.13 they decided to keep him under for as long as possible and release him late the next day on 5.6.13



Time to go home!  6.6.13

Not happy about this thing!

First time outside!  (you can tell his skin is still yellow from the jaundice but also ruddy from too many red blood cells)

Loading baby Max into the car!




 

No comments: